I’ve be waiting for a rainy day to get my starts going.
Late February, and I’m starting….
- Artichokes (usually winter sown, so I’m crossing my fingers)
- Parsley, both curly and Italian
- Onions, Italian Torpedo, Cipollini (need to buy more yellow storage: New York Early)
- Salad, (we have a lot to choose from!)
- Leeks and Shallots
- Maybe a few peas in soil blocks instead of pots.
That’s what springs to my mind, what are you planing to start indoors this month?
Every grove of trees in Everett is alive with returning robins arguing over the best camping spot until they can get a permanent nest built. They will be building those nests in the rain today, Friday, February 20, 2015. The chill in the air probably means the rain will soon be replaced by blue sky, but today the forecast is at 70% chance of rain, 51/39 Sunrise at 7:06, Sunset at 5:39 giving us 10 hours and 33 minutes of wet daylight!