This recipe caught my eye when there were NO fava beans in it. It is called Jamie Oliver’s Summer Chickpea Salad.
- 2 to 3 cups prepped fava beans
- 1 small red onion, thin sliced
- 2 tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 2 lemons
- olive oil (about 1/2 cup or to taste)
- salt and pepper (sea salt and fresh ground pepper)
- pepper flakes (large pinch to taste)
- 14 oz can garbanzo beans (or 2 cups home cooked)
- 7 oz feta cheese (regular or low-fat)
- mint and basil (fresh, chopped)
Prep vegetables, mint and basil.
Mix together dressing in large bowl (lemon, oil, salt, pepper, pepper flakes, pinch of mint and basil) Add vegetables, garbanzo beans and feta. Stir together and allow to marinate a couple of hours. Garnish with more chopped mint and basil (on plate rather than over salad)
About 6-8 servings