There is so much more to this treat than chex mix.
You will need a large roasting pan to make this bulky snack.
- 12 Tablespoons of butter (1 and 1/2 sticks)
- 2 Tblsp + 2 teasp Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 teasp garlic salt OR seasoning salt
While the butter mixture melts, in the VERY large roasting pan toss together SIX CUPS EACH
- Wheat Chex
- Rice (or corn) Chex
- Cheerios’ (the nuts)
- Spoon Size Shredded Wheat
- Mixed nuts
- half of a bag of stick pretzels (the bolts)
Drizzle the butter mix over the cereal. Gently toss the cereal. Bake in a 250 degree F oven for one hour, tossing the cereal every 15 minutes. Cool and seal air tight until serving time.
From the recipe box of Jewel Hagerty