- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 Tbs baking powder
- 1 1/2 Tbs ground ginger
- 3/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 C). Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, mix together oil, sugar, eggs, and molasses. In another bowl, combine flours, baking powder, ginger, cinnamon, cloves and nutmeg; mix into egg mixture to form a stiff dough.
- Divide dough in half, and shape each half into a roll the length of the cookie sheet.place rolls on cookie sheet, pat down to flatten the dough to 1/2 inch.
- Bake in preheated oven for 25 minutes. Remove from oven, and set aside to cool.
- When cool enough to handle, cut into 1/2 inch thick diagonal slices. Place sliced biscotti on cookie sheet, bake an additional 5 to 7 minutes on each side, or until toasted and crispy.
- Glaze with lemon glaze.
Lemon Glaze: Combine the following in a small bowl and whisk until smooth
- 1 cup powder sugar
- 1 Tbs fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tbs half & half
- 2 tsp grated lemon zest
Dip the biscotti into the glaze. Set on a rack to air dry. About 2 hours.
This is one of the 2010 collection. Go to Christmas Cookies 2010 for the complete list