Pastry Crust Base
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
Heat oven to 350 degrees. Sift together flour and sugar in a medium bowl. Add the melted butter and combine the mixture into a loose dough. Pat the mixture into a 9 inch square pan. Bake the pastry until just browned around the edges, about 10 minutes.
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed lavender buds
- 1 teaspoon fresh grated lemon peel
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup Loganberries (or black, rasp, blue, marian, or lingian berries can be used)
- powdered sugar for garnish
In mixing bowl (for mixer) add eggs, lemon peel, lemon juice, lavender and sugar. Beat at medium low-speed until mixture is thick and smooth (about 5 minutes) In a small bowl, combine the flour and baking powder. Add the flour to the running mixer, and continue running the mixer until well blended.
Fold the berries into the lemon/egg mixture. Pour the filling into the pre-baked pastry crust base. Bake the filling for about 20 minutes or until set.
Remove from oven, cool on a rack. . Sift powdered sugar over the cooled pastry. Cut into bars and serve either chilled whipped cream or ice-cream. Yield 12 to 16 bars.